Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monthly Menu Planning

I've decided to try my hand at monthly menu planning. I've seen a couple of bloggers doing it. I figured it might help me stay on track and keep my grocery bill down. So here's our monthly menu...



February: 
1. Chili                                                  15. Beef Stew                         
2. Chicken Fried Chicken                      16. Chicken Pot Pie
3. Steaks                                               17. Homemade Pizza
4. Boiled Shrimp                                    18. Hamburgers
5. OFF Super Bowl Party                      19. Spaghetti
6. Whole Baked Chicken                       20. Ethan's Birthday-his choice
7. Pot Roast in crockpot                        21. Fat Tuesday-Eating Out
8. Chicken Noodle Soup                       22. Jaxon's Birthday-his choice
9. Chinese Chicken                                23. Grilled Chicken
10. Pizza Rolls                                       24. Pizza Rolls
11. Hot Dogs                                         25. Boy's Birthday Party
12. Lasagna                                           26. Baked Ziti
13. Pineapple Chicken                           27. Chicken Stir-fry
14. Steaks                                             28. BBQ Sandwiches
                                                             29. Pork Squash Stew


So there it is! So far it seems to be working. I went to the store yesterday and bought the first two weeks worth of groceries and only spent $116. Holla!!! I did buy stuff for breakfasts and lunches, but my main focus was dinner. 

So what do y'all do for menu plans? And to cut your grocery bill? Hope y'all have a great Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow, awesome job! I would LOVE to menu plan but I'm all over the place when it comes to cooking...I like to change it up and do different things, so I know I wouldn't follow a schedule...

    Let me know how it goes for you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal plan! I always plan one month's worth of meals and it works out great!

    ReplyDelete