Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthday x 2

Well Saturday was Ethan's birthday. He turned 9! We went to his basketball game that morning and then just hung out around the house all day. It was so nice because even Jonathan was able to be here this weekend. We gave him his gift which was a really cool MP3 player with a built in radio and it plays videos too. He loved it! He thought he was sooooo cool and grown up. For dinner he wanted to have tacos and I made him a chocolate cake too. Evan helped me make the cake too! Ha!
Sunday was just a lazy day. The boys spent all day playing outside. Justin of course played video games and I organized a bunch of junk that I'm getting ready for a garage sale.

Monday morning was Jaxon's birthday. He turned 5! It was so cute when he woke up he asked if he was going to school. I told him no and why he thought that. He said y'all told me when I turned 5 I would get to go to school. I had to explain to him that he would go to school next year after the summer. We gave him his gift which were 2 leapster games and a tag book. He's been playing the Spongebob game since yesterday morning only taking breaks to eat & sleep! Ha! He decided to have grilled cheese sandwiches and chocolate cupcakes for his birthday dinner. Notice the leapster on the table. I told you he didn't put it down all day!


We had a great weekend filled with birthday celebrations! Hope y'all had a great weekend too!

ps - Thank you all for the prayers. Hopefully the problem will be resolved in a couple of weeks and then I might be brave enough to blog about it. I have put it all in God's hands. Prayer is an amazing thing. Thanks again for keeping me & my family in your thoughts & prayers.

12 comments:

  1. So cute!! Don't they grow up to fast?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Ethan and Jaxson!! Sounds like they both had good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Ethan and Jaxson!! How cool to get a MP3 player with video at age 9! He is one lucky little boy! I betcha he felt all grown up.... Such a cutie....Love the pic of Evans chocolate face....looks like he helped you lick the bowl....LOL.... That is funny about Jaxson not putting down the video games for Leapster....

    I hope everything is o.k. with the issue you were having....you are still in my prayers girly....
    Have a Great Tuesday
    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, sweet babies!! Ive got 25 yo twins and an 8 yo girl and their bdays are w/in 3 days of oneanothers!! Then my hubz and I are 4 days apart the very next month! Busy times, but I wouldnt change it!! your boys are precious! xoxo LA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crayon project:
    You don't need to put anything in the tin, but to get them out easy put it in the freezer for about 20 minutes then they pop out.

    Happy Birthday Ethan and Jaxson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all soooooo cute!! Happy Birthday to them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two birthdays in one weekend sounds like fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. **I meant I have two 15 yo twins, lol!! And how funny is tha!?! ~ our are :twins, oct 12, Lil P, oct 9th~ hubby, Nov 16th & mine is Nov 20th!!! Yours are very close to ours!!! Then we also have our 16 yo off in may, no idea what happend with that, lol!!! ;) Thanks for folowing me, Im adding you right now! xxoo LA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to them both! So sweet!

    And tacos, chocolate cake and cupcakes? My fave!

    More prayers, hun. And don't feel like you have to blog about it--I'll keep saying prayers no matter what.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to both your sweet boys! Aren't back to back birthday's fun? Between my two daughters and my husband, all our birthday's are within a month of each other, love it!

    I'm saying a prayer for you friend! Hope everything is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to both of your boys! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hattie!! Your boys are ADORABLE!! and that pic of Evan with cake on his face is too precious!

    ReplyDelete