Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Car Problems

Yesterday I took my Explorer to go get the tags for it. My dad and step mom gave me the 96' Explorer for free back in August when Justin had to stop bringing his work truck home and start taking our only car to work. Yesterday I finally had all the paper work to get the title in my name and get the current registration sticker. After I got those I headed off to Jiffy Lube to get the inspection sticker and an oil change. All went fine then I went to pay. The guy notified me that the car failed because some code came up. He said I should have already known that because the engine light was on. I told him the engine light was not on when I brought it to them. He said well it is now. Great! He told me to take it to a mechanic to reset the code and that I had 15 days to bring it back for a free inspection. Then I looked to see that they charged me $40 for the inspection sticker that I didn't get, but according to them that's how it works. UGH! $40 for them to break my car and now I have to pay more to have it recoded (?) or whatever needs to be done.

That just ruined my day! So basically we just lounged around the house the rest of the day not doing much of anything. Who wants to clean when they're in a crappy mood? So, Evan and Jaxon found new ways to entertain themselves...


Well I'm off to plan my shopping trip to Krogers for their Mega Event sale and I'm so excited about Lost coming on tonight! Yay!!! Today is also my brother in-law and my moms birthday. Happy Birthday y'all!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the car troubles....those are never any fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! That would make me so mad! The car is fine when you take it in but of COURSE they find something wrong with it. Grrr.

    Hope the rest of your day goes well! Enjoy Lost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, that would be so frustrating to me, too. Hopefully today is a much better day for you!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you take your car to Auto Zone, they have a code reader. They can tell you what code is on and what it means and can usually reset it for you. Unfortunatly, the $40 is pass or fail, but they will give you your inspection sticker with no other charge if it's within 15 days. That law went into affect about 5 or 6 years ago, it sucks!

    ReplyDelete