Monday, March 22, 2010

Early Easter Saturday!

Saturday me & the boys went to my nannie's (dad's mom) house. My Nannie Bea passed away about a year ago and they just now sold her house. So everyone went over there to celebrate Easter a little early & to be in the house together one last time.


The house was packed with all my nannie's children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren. There's a ton of us!!! We had a lot of food and yummy desserts. The only bad thing was the weather... It was cold and rainy, so we had to have all the kiddos hunt eggs in the empty bedrooms.


The boys got tons of toys, candy and even money! They had a great time! Another cute thing my aunt did was make these hershey bars.


 When my dad and his brothers and sisters were younger my nannie would take hershey bars and write their names on them and this would be their Easter goodies. I thought this was such a cute idea because back then there were so many of them and they didn't have a whole lot of money.

I'll tell y'all about our Sunday at the theater and the famous person we saw tomorrow! We had a blast! Today Justin is off (he has a doctor's appointment) and we have some errands to run. Hope y'all had a great weekend and have a happy Monday!!!

8 comments:

  1. such a sweet and fun family time! Love the hershey bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun sweet family filled day! Glad ya'll had a fab early easter! Looks like the kiddos had a blast hunting eggs and candy! How sweet for ya'll to spend time together as a family in your grandmother's house! That's really special!

    I just loooove those hershey bars! Sooo cute! Gonna have to make them now! LOL....

    Oh I'm glad ya got the post-it note too I thought it was really funny and I didn't get it at first and I wrote it LOL....then I was like hey Spring Summer that's funny! Oh I found those postits if you type in super stickies and search you will see it on google click it....then you can write your sticky note and save it in your pictures and then when you do another one just save it as sticky2, 3 .....etc.....let me know if ya need help....I think they are so cute and I will prob use them until I am SICK of them LOL...

    xoxo
    Summer :0)

    Oh hope your hubby's appt goes well....Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those Hershey bars with the names on them! They are my absolute favorite candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day for you and your family! Those hershey bars are so cute. And now I'm craving some chocolate. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you all had a great time!! How wonderful it must have been to make memories at your grandparents house one last time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time!! I cant wait for the kids to do an easter egg hunt!! oh and I love the hershey bars.. what a great idea! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a sweet way to say bye to the house. the hershey bar idea is really cute! can't wait to hear about your encounter with a famousie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That must have been nice for you all to be able to spend time there to celebrate. I love the Hershey bars. Such a sweet way to remember your Nannie.

    ReplyDelete